- Archived content is available via the browser-based Enterprise Vault search. A search result showing an archived document will display a static HTML rendering of the document as well as any attachments. The attachments can be easily downloaded.
- IBM Notes® document links between archived documents are maintained and can be followed
- Archived content be downloaded from the archive as a .eml file (which can be viewed by tools such as Microsoft Outlook)
- Archived content can optionally be stored in DXL format which can be imported into IBM Notes later
- All document metadata (including which views and folders a document was in when archived) can be retained
- Retention categories can be created and applied to documents as they are archived. Retention categories let you specify how long to keep content in the archive before optionally deleting the content
- Once the content is archived, IBM Notes and Domino are no longer required to view the data.